Sunday 20 September 2015

To exit is not to quit...

'To exit is not to quit" .......... "Nobody gives you a solo, you have to take it!"
These are the two very profound, inspiring and motivating lessons I have learnt from one of the precious teachers in my life, Katie Duck. 
Though I did understand the meaning of these statements when I heard it from her, it's only at this point of time do I feel the enormity of these lessons. Every time my ego kicks in, I say to myself "To exit is not to quit". When I cannot create something meaningful and beautiful it makes sense to step out and provide a space for something wonderful to happen. It is truly a satisfying feeling to know that I helped for something beautiful to emerge. I am indeed an important part of that creation.
At the same time I have learnt not to sulk and get negative when I THINK I am not getting enough attention or importance. All I do now is check with myself if I really want to do something and then make an initiative to 'take my solo'. Yes, I am capable of doing it! And, trust me, I surprise myself every time I decide to do so.





No comments:

Post a Comment